Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Shopping Suggestions

I don’t know about you, but I’m still holiday shopping. Which, to be honest, is a little horrifying to me, as I like to be done by the time the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade kicks off. Of course, I’ve been told this is manic, but those are the same people who tell me that my December movie schedule is a sign of lunacy.

So, they may have a point.

For now, though, let’s just not pay attention to the man behind the curtain, and instead focus on the fact that we still have gifts to figure out. Thankfully, I have a list of truly awesome people and places to give our patronage.

Each one of these made generous donations to the RAINN Down Hope auction. While they asked for nothing in return, I believe kindness should be repaid in kindness, so I offer them up to you as you complete your shopping.

Because I can’t help myself, let’s start with the gift of reading (aka the greatest gift of all):
·        Kristan Higgins
·        Lauren Grimley
·        Laura Eno
·        Mary Pax
·        Barnes and Noble

For anyone interested in art and awesomeness:
·        StoryPeople
·        Kerri Socha

For gift receivers all over the country:
·        TOMS Shoes
·        Target
·        Jenny Craig
·        Build-A-Bear
·        Costco

For the wine lovers (these vineyards are located in New York, but all have online stores):
·        Pindar Vineyards
·        Pugliese Vineyards

Looking for romance on the eastern seaboard?
·        Entertainment Cruises

In Maine and feeling a bit parched?
·        Vena’s Fizz House

For those in the New York area (or those who are interested in traveling this way):
·        Molly Malone’s
·        Harvest Inn
·        Mulberry Street
·        Gemaginations
·        Milk & Sugar
·        Great South Bay YMCA
·        Argyle Grill & Tavern
·        Eagle Golf
·        Bubba’s Burrito Bar
·        The Rinx
·        The Babylon Carriage House
·        Berger Bros.
·        Design Masters
·        Racine Salon & Spa
·        The Long Island Ducks
·        Coquette
·        Drew Patrick Spa
·        Monsoon


Good luck with figuring out your gifties! Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment