I'm very happy to welcome Laura Salters - Writers For Hope donor, upcoming Pitch Wars mentor, fantastic beta buddy, and an all-together swell lady - back to the blog. She's here today to offer us a
little insight into those things she'll always love no matter what.
And I'm here to tell you about something you'll love...Laura's debut novel is out! RUN AWAY is a basketful of awesome. But before you run off to read that (as you should), get to know Laura a little better...
1) Sleep. I am a prolific sleeper. I need 10-12 hours a night to function as an actual human being. And I won’t wake up unless I set an alarm—I’m not kidding. If I want to get up at midday, I have to set an alarm for midday. I have issues, okay?
2) Nutella. ON ALL THE THINGS. Pancakes, fruit, a spoon. Give me a jar of Nutella and I’m happy.
3) Cheesy 90s music. Hitting “shuffle” on my iPod is a treacherous experience. You could get cutting edge, super cool indie music, awesome rock…or 5ive’s Keep On Movin’.
4) Pokemon. I am 24 years old and still play Pokemon on my Gameboy. I think I took the catchphrase “gotta catch ‘em all” too literally and I’m still at it twenty years later.
5) Gin. Specifically a Hendrick’s with tonic and cucumber. It’s so refreshing and so delicious. And I’m a really giggly, happy drunk, so it always puts me in a great mood. Not so much the next morning, but still…
Drenched in blood and sitting in the sweltering interview room of a Thai police station, Kayla Finch knows that Sam, the love of her life, is dead. It doesn't matter that there's no body. All that blood can only mean one thing.
It isn't the first time Kayla's had blood on her hands. After finding her brother dead by his own hand, she tried to outrun her grief by escaping to Thailand. Heart-broken, the last thing she expected was to find love on the smoggy streets of Bangkok. But everyone Kayla loves seems to wind up dead.
Returning home to England, Kayla is left with a barely-functioning family, a string of gruesome nightmares and the niggling feeling that nothing is as it seems. And as she confronts her brother's suicide, she starts to suspect that something is very wrong.
Three months. Two tragedies. One connection: there's more to both cases than anyone is willing to admit. And Kayla’s determined to uncover the truth…no matter what the cost.
RUN AWAY Links
Now get out there and do some reading!