Well, we are now into a month traditionally touted for its creepiness and costuming. And who’s creepier than Drop Dead Fred? (I’m pretty sure the correct answer is “a limited few.”)
And what better way to honor this maniacal fellow then to get together with your visible friends, dress up as your favorite imaginary pals, and enjoy some grape derived beverages with Fred and Lizzie? I don’t think there is one.
So, whether you favor Hobbes and Harvey, or are more interested in creating your own (here are some tips), the possibilities are fairly endless. Just don’t forget, this is a fancy event. Regardless of the imaginary friend you choose, they should be in their spiffiest duds.
So, break out your finest crystal and your strangest imaginings! Go and mingle with all those people who look like the friends you’ve known for years, but now aren’t! Learn their stories!
Basically, just have the most bizarre night you can.
(Oh – and this is just a personal preference – but I’d lose the whole spittoon aspect of the wine tasting. At least for this one night. No offense, but I just don’t trust those imaginary folks to keep their spitting to a localized, agreed-upon area. I prefer to nip that activity right in the bud.)
Crackerjack dialogue to look forward to:
- "I have been pounded flat on the anvil of love like a piece of veal with a salad on top."
- "Look at you. You’re all older. You’re even uglier. Uch. I’m sorry. I’m gonna have to be sick all over you immediately."
- "I don’t love you because love is for girls and girls are disgusting."
- "It takes more than a fire truck to stop Drop Dead Fred!"
Tagline: Dishes. Relationships. Wind. This guy breaks everything.
For a Drop Dead Fred Imaginary Friend Wine Tasting of your very own, here’s what you need:
- Drop Dead Fred (1991)
- Snacks of both the real and imaginary variety. Think regular fare and something along the lines of Hook.
- Wine, grape juice, and/or any other beverage squeezed from a grape. Don’t forget to set out extra glasses in case your imaginary friends invite some of their buddies!
- Decorations: In honor of Fred, deck the halls in his signature colors, green and yellow. And maybe throw in a little purple for Lizzie.
- A group of die-hard Carrie Fisher fans and/or folks looking for a place to wear their nicest clothes before the holidays hit and no one can fit into them anymore and/or individuals you can depend on to truly commit to the ridiculousity of the night.
If you’re looking for another bad movie appropriate to the season, check out the very first BM/GPT post.
Also, congrats to Phoebe Cates and Bridget Fonda for making it into the BM/GPT ranks for the second time!
Have a great weekend!