Thursday, April 23, 2015

Not-So-Guilty Pleasures: The L.S. Murphy Edition

Hello, my friends! You know what we haven't done in FAR too long? Wrestled some not-so-guilty pleasures out of a wonderful author! Thankfully, we shall be rectifying that horrible fact today.

I'm thrilled to welcome back to the blog Writers For Hope donor L.S. Murphy! Here's what she had to say about what floats her boat...

Not So Guilty Pleasures

Thanks, Kelly, for having me on your blog. And thanks for the awesome auction you’ve organized for RAINN. *standing ovation*

SO what makes a guilty pleasure a not-so-guilty pleasure? Guess it depends on your level of guilt? 

1. Musicals – I LOVE Broadway. Love. Love. Love. Did I mention that I love it? It goes back to my days in high school when the band director introduced me to Phantom, Miss Saigon, Les Miz, Starlight Express, etc. I cannot get enough of live theater. My daughter (who is 6 going on 30) watches the Tony Awards every year. She’s a bit of a theater buff herself. Although I won’t let her see Book of Mormon anytime soon.

2. St. Louis Cardinals – Baseball is the only sport. Sorry. If it was on 24/7 I would never leave the TV. I’m fiercely devoted to the Cardinals. I grew up watching Ozzie Smith and Willie McGee and John Tudor. Some of my favorite memories are from going to the games when I was a kid. I grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere so going to St. Louis for a game was an event.

3. Pens – I know this sounds cliché since every other writer mentions pens and notebooks, but I am obsessed with Precise V7 pens. The V5s will do in a pinch, but the V7s are my faves. They write so smooth.

4. Books – What? That’s obvious? Okay, fine.

4. Coffee… duh – Okay, Coffee may be obvious as well, but I LOVE pouring my coffee over a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. It’s desert in a mug. It’s a cup of heaven. It’s… perfection.


5. Veronica Mars – Yes, I know the show is over. Yes, I’ve seen the movie. Yes, I know about the books. But can this never end? Seriously? I honestly only watched this show because Rats Saw God is one of my all time favorite books. But I fell in love. I’m a total Marshmallow.

PIXELATED will be released from
Bloomsbury Spark on June 30th!

Thank you so much for visiting again, L.S.! As for the rest of you, you know you want to learn more about L.S. and her amazing work, so check out her website and follow her on Twitter!

8 comments: