Thursday, February 21, 2013

Not-So-Guilty Pleasures: The Shannon Duffy Edition


Today, I would like to welcome Young Adult and Middle-Grade author, Shannon Duffy. Her newest book, Gabriel Stone and the Divinity of Valta, was released earlier this month. You should a million percent go check it out.......but not before you read about what she had to say about her Not-So-Guilty Pleasures:



Okay so guilty pleasures here we go. Drumroll please. Okay, no drumroll necessary. 

*Clears throat.*


1.     I love reality TV. Like, I mean I love it a lot. As in I love them so hard I’m obsessed. You name the reality TV show and I probably love it. Whether it’s Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, X-Factor, Survivor, or the Bachelor/Bachelorette, I’m in. I love the real drama of it all and getting to hear the stories of people etc. Hubs and I even went to a live taping of Dancing with the Stars and X-factor last year in L.A. Loved it!

2.     MAC makeup. 


     I have far too much of this stuff than one person really needs, but I love all the colors and experimenting with all of their cool stuff. I even took a couple of makeup lessons at MAC. (Not that I’m so great at putting it on, but it was fun)! I recently got a new vanity installed in my bedroom, and it took me several hours to line up my MAC stuff in the drawers. Check out the top drawers. 


3.     Wearing my pajamas all day while I write. 


     How luxurious and…ahem…lazy? IDK, but with coffee in hand and especially when the words are flowing, I’m one happy girl.


4.     Diet Coke with lime. I think it’s safe to say I’m addicted to the stuff. Pour it in a tall glass chocked full of ice, and my eyes spring with glistening tears of satisfaction at the first sip. Yes. It’s that good. In fact, I think I’ll go and get one right now. 


5.     Voluspa candles. 


    This is a new guilty pleasure. Guilty because they’re a bit pricey, but I’d like to have them all over the house. They smell so good it’s divine! I recently bought four different scents. 




ABOUT SHANNON DUFFY

Shannon Duffy grew up on the beautiful east coast of Canada, and now lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and son, Gabriel. She’s mom to one boy, and several pets. Shannon loves writing, reading, working out, soccer, and the sport of champions-shopping. 


Want to know more about Shannon?

Shannon Duffy Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ShannonDuffyLit 
Shannon Duffy Website: http://www.shannonduffylit.com/


And, of course, you want to read more about her books: 


3 comments:

  1. Aren't pajamas part of the writer's uniform? Love your guilty pleasures, Shannon! I want that vanity. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing in pajamas, best work uniform ever. Authors win where uniforms are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Brenda, thanks! Yeah just had the vanity put in recently and it was so awesome to organize my stuff. And yes to both of you, pj's are one of the perks of working from home, lol

    ReplyDelete