Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Melodies of Madness

For me, there’s nothing that can lift my mood faster than music. I generally like to listen to it wherever I am, which can be mildly problematic. Mostly for those around me. I have the tendency of singing along without realizing it.

For this, I would like to issue a blanket apology to any coworkers who have ever happened by me while I’ve been in the zone.

When I realize I’m doing this, I’ll turn the music off in an effort to avoid further embarrassment. This does not, however, silence the constant soundtrack I have running in my head. More often than not, just one or two lines of a variety of songs. Tunes that burrow in with such ferocity it would take high grade explosives to get them out.

Yesterday was one of those days were my head music was at its height.

5:05 – Alarm goes off.

Far too early.

Do you hear the people sing? Singing the songs of angry men! It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again!

Okay. I saw that show almost a year ago. I need to stop singing this.

7:29 – At my desk.

When the beating of the heart echoes the beating of the drums, there is a life about to start when tomorrow comes! Will you join in my crusade? Who will be strong and stand with –

Ugh.

9:04 – Sending my roommate a message.

- the music of a people who will not be slaves again! When the beating of the heart -

Me: “Give me a song to get Les Mis out of my head, please.”
Her: “CEE LO.”
Me: “You’re mean.”
Her: “It’ll work though.”
Me: “I know.”
Her: “SO A THANK YOU WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE.”
Me: “I wouldn’t go that far.”

I see you driving round town with the girl I love and I’m like F –

Really not work appropriate.

11:18 – Walking down the hallway.

I guess the change in my pocket wasn’t enough and I’m like F –

Damn it.

12:34 – Eating lunch.

Guess she's an X-box and I'm more an Atari –

Stop.

1:53 – Desk bound once again.

- change in my pocket wasn’t enough and I’m like -

No. No. NO. Think of another song. Any other song. Bring Les Mis back. Why can’t I think of any of the words to Les Mis? OK, I like a million songs. I can come up with another song.

What’s another song?!?

Turned up the collar on my favorite winter coat. This wind is blowing my mind. See the kids –

See the kids –

Uh oh. What are the other words? Quick, before Cee Lo comes back. Think faster! How is there nothing? OK, skip ahead. Skip ahead!

I’m starting with Man in the Mirror. I’m asking him to make a change. No message could have been any clearer. If you wanna make the world a better place, gotta look at yourself and make a change.

Ahhh, relief.

2:22 – Almost time to head home!

No message could have been any clearer. If you wanna make the world a better place, gotta look at yourself and make a change. I’m starting with the Man –

I really need to learn the rest of the words.

2:56 – In the car, rockin’ out to the tunes.

I see you driving round town with the girl I love and I’m like –

No. Stop. That song isn’t even on. You have music on. Sing that. Please.

3:57 – Must do homework.

I see you –

Nope. Not happening. Pick something completely different. Yes! That’s it.

Each time I see a crowd of people, just like a fool I stop and stare. It’s really not the proper thing to do, but maybe you’ll be there. I go out walking after midnight…

I know all the words. All. The. Words.



Perfection.

Now, concentrate on what you’re reading.

7:18 – Time for a little D.V.D. relaxation time.

Oh, McGarrett and Danno…so funny.

You can always count on me and I can count on you. Good times, bad times, in between, my friends will see me through.

What? Is that the theme song to The Babysitter’s Club T.V. show? Yes. I believe it is. Okay…. But why?

9:07 – Still with the T.V. watching.

We’ve been having wonderful times every day. All together, singing our song. Growing in every way. Say hello to my friends – BABYSITTER’S CLUB!

All right, no need to scream it. Wait! Hawaii Five-0! Of course! The episode with both Stacey and Dawn from The Babysitter’s Club movie. Sure, that episode was on months ago and is not even part of the same season that I’m currently watching, but whatever. The mental leap isn’t that far. All makes sense.

Ahhh, that’s a relief. Would have driven me nuts.

Say hello to the people who care. Nothing’s better than friends – BABYSITTER’S CLUB! Cause you know that your friends are always there.

But you can stop now.

10:49 – Bed time.

Nothing’s better than friends – BABYSITTER’S CLUB!

Nuh-uh. No singing. Sleepies.

11:02

All together singing our song. Growing in every way.

I said no more.

11:41

I see you driving round town with the girl I love and I’m like F –

Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment