Friday, December 21, 2012

To be continued...



You know when you’re watching a TV show and you happen to glance down at the clock and realize there’s only five minutes left? And suddenly you realize, there’s no way they’re going to wrap this all up in five minutes. It’s going to be a cliffhanger. Those three words are going to flash up on the screen: “To be continued...”

And you’re so annoyed because you want to know how everything turns out, but at the same time, you’re a little bit glad because the story’s awesome and you really don’t want it to end.

That’s what New Year is to me. I mean, technically, that’s sort of what every day is, but the New Year always makes it seem more dramatic.

What’s going to come next?

Are all the characters in our lives still going to have top billing after this next season? Are some of the “recurring” ones suddenly going to be promoted to “regular cast?”

Are the storylines that seem so overwhelming to us right now going to be overarching or are we going to be all “Remember that episode? So melodramatic,” a few months from now? Am I going to find out that the breaking of my navigational system charger set off a series of events which I will be dealing with for years to come? Or am I going to, you know, just get a new charger?

There’s a world of possibilities (except with the charger thing. I’d be really surprised if that turns into anything) and apprehension. And I, for one, am looking forward to seeing what the next plot twist is. 



This is my last blog of 2012. Not because of the whole end-of-the-world predicament (probably), but because I’ve got holidays plans and a first draft to finish. But, provided we’re all here tomorrow, I’ll be back in 2013.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment