Sunday, August 3, 2014

Let the Planning Commence!

Good morning, ladies and gents!

I am so extremely excited to tell you that the 2nd Annual RAINN Down Hope Dinner & Auction is well in to the planning stages. Not surprisingly, it's all thanks to you. When I first started thinking about doing the dinner auction last year, I was fully prepared to have a wonderful night with whatever lovely family members could make it. Instead, I ended up in a room with 150 people, raising over $11,000 for RAINN. And, still, that wasn't the end of it.

Over the last seven plus months, I've had numerous people ask me about when we're doing the next one. As always, I am floored by the response and generosity of those around me. I am, also, happy to announce that the dinner will be held December 6, 2014 at Woodlands at the Greens in Melville, NY.

I've already started getting donations of items and baskets to be auctioned off. Spoiler alert: There are going to be some pretty awesome prizes to be won.

I'll be letting you know updates here over the next few months and you can also check out my RAINNmakers page for more info. I'm getting ready to send out Save the Dates. If you think you're going to be in the area in December and would like to get one, email me your address and I'll make sure you do!

If you're interested in donating an item for auction (signed books were a big hit last year!), please email me or drop me a note in the comments.

Thank you in advance for any signal boosting you can do! I know that, with your help, we can make this event a true celebration of the 20 years of good work done by RAINN.

On a final note, you're all awesome and I feel consistently lucky when I think of the people whose paths have crossed mine. So, thanks for that too.

3 comments:

  1. How did you decide on doing a dinner last year? Congratulations, this is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      I really wanted to do something to raise money for RAINN and I'd been to other dinner auctions in the past that I'd really enjoyed. It was a little overwhelming at times, as I hadn't organized something like this before, but completely worth it. =)

      Delete
  2. I just got caught up on Emma Approved today. I still have sappy feelings over Mr. Knightly.

    ReplyDelete