Monday, August 25, 2014

Suitcase Full of Books...and Other Good Things

I don't know about you, but the end of this summer is turning into happy madness for me. 

First off is Pitch Wars, which is fantastic fun - even in the waiting stages. Regardless of whether or not you're taking part in it, you should definitely check out the hashtag. It's such a great way to get to know other writers. 

Secondly, it's traveling time once again! I'm so intensely excited to be dusting off the old suitcase again. This won't be too long of a trip, but it will be memorable. I mean....Spain! *Breaks into tap dance -- remember I can't tap dance -- settles for enthusiastic jumping.* Plus, I've made sure I have some new books in honor of the occasion:

- Just Like the Movies (Kelly Fiore)
- Gates of Thread and Stone (Lori M. Lee)
- Obsidian (Jennifer L. Armentrout)
- Being Jamie Baker (Kelly Oram)
- Prep School Confidential (Kara Taylor)

There are just wins all over the place. This does, however, mean next week's post will probably be a little late, as I'm not sure what ye olde Internet situation will be like. But when I do post, expect pictures!

Finally, there is the fundraiser. Planning is going awesomely. The list of items to be auctioned is growing and chock full o really fun things. I've mentioned a few on Twitter, but will be sending out more updates over the coming months, so keep an eye out! And, of course, endless thanks to everyone for their generosity thus far!!

Now, I'm off to do my traditional packing ritual - something akin to Supermarket Sweep. Ten minutes to pull clothes from drawers and then no looking in the bag until I reach my destination. Keeps things interesting. 

Have a happy new week, folks! When next we speak, I should be nursing a nice sunburn and the traditional September smell of pumpkin spice everything will be in the air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment