Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Traveling By the Seat of My Papasan

So, occasionally, I must admit that I let stress get to me more than it should. When this happens I often discuss my many plans for the future. Things like, moving to Hawaii and opening a diner. This is something my extensive research (aka voracious viewing of Hawaii Five-0) has shown me there is a need for. That little slice of paradise just doesn’t seem to have nearly enough NY/NJ style eateries. Which is really all it’s missing to be the perfect place.

I begin to take out my suitcase and methodically pack up my things. It’s gonna cost me a billion dollars to ship all my books. But that’s okay. I’ll be in Hawaii! Who cares about money?

Then Roomie comes in. For every one thing I put in my suitcase, she takes another one out and puts it back in the drawer. As much fun as this strange little cyclical assembly line is, I eventually ask her why she’s trying to thwart me. Invariably, she ignores my Joey Tribbiani style wailing and gives me a ridiculous answer like: You have six weeks left of school, you’re not leaving now.

Stupid logic. Gets me every time. (Well, that’s not entirely true. But it does get me a lot of the time. It’s like 50/50. Fine! 25/75. Whatever.)

All right, I get it. Not the time to be flying off on a whim. For now, I’ll just have to restrict my vacations to the papasan.

And considering my time for these little vacations is limited, I probably shouldn’t try going anywhere I haven’t gone before. For now, I think my next trip is going to be west with Kaki Warner. That requires a little bit of time travel, as well, which is a definite bonus. Plus, I don't think I've been over to Rosa Roja since finals last spring. Makes for a nice tradition.

Still, if that doesn’t get me far enough away from homework…..I’m going to Hawaii.

Just don’t tell Roomie.

No comments:

Post a Comment