Wednesday, March 21, 2012

You Look Kinda Familiar....

In recent years, I have been told by an increasing number of friends and family that they’ve just seen someone who looks exactly like me. I don’t know if I just have “one of those faces,” or if the fact that I make a lot of faces makes my loved ones more likely to see similarities between me and this sea of other people. Sometimes, it’s just someone who they saw out during their day. Other times, it’s people on TV. The following people are just some of those who have been accused of being my doppelgangers: Sara Bareilles, Cristina Parks, Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle (though, my sister swears she just meant his mannerisms).

Okay, I know what you’re thinking. None of those people really look alike, so how can I look like all of them? I honestly couldn’t tell you. I never see the similarities. Which I suppose is a good thing, as I’m pretty sure that seeing your own doppelganger is an omen of illness or death.

However, in honor of my doppelganger (wherever you are), here are my top five television doppelganger storylines:

5. Stefan Urquelle (Family Matters)
- Who would have guessed that next door to such a normal family, the neighbor would create a machine that would not only turn him into his suave alter ego from time to time, but would eventually create his own permanent doppelganger? Really makes you wonder what the people next door to you are up to, doesn’t it?

4. Mexican Wrestler Ted (How I Met Your Mother)
- The search for all of the main characters’ doppelgangers is fantastic. However, Ted’s wins for me. I think a large part of this has to do with the fact that his doppelganger fights robots. And it doesn’t get too much cooler than that.

3. Russ (Friends)
- Rachel’s short lived gentleman caller Russ and her long term love interest Ross were “as different as night….and later that night.”

2. Sydney Bristow (Alias)
- Now, technically I don’t think that you can really call someone who underwent an extremely painful gene mutation process a doppelganger, but, seriously, how fun was it to see Jennifer Gardner playing Anna Espinosa playing Sydney Bristow? Ruling: Pretty fun.

1. Vampire Willow (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Seeing everyone react to evil Willow would have been enough for me, but my absolute favorite part of this episode? When evil Willow gets knocked out and good Willow switches clothes with her so the gang can trick some vampires. Why? Because someone chose to put good Willow’s tights on evil Willow. Tights are annoying enough to put on yourself, who is taking the time to put them on someone else when the Bronze is (once again) being held hostage by the undead?


Final note, if my real doppelganger is actually out there? Well, maybe we could just stay out of each other’s ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment