Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Let's All Hum Together, Shall We?


I have music on the brain today.

I organized my iTunes last night. Don’t know what was going on when I first imported all the music. It’s entirely possible that I contracted the job out to a manic space money. That would at least explain the strange split CDs, to a certain extent. Not to mention the sea of “Track 01”s I had to wade through.

It was some scary traveling for awhile, but I have emerged on the other side. Victorious.

But, now I’m doing a whole lot of singing – much, I’m sure, to the dismay of my coworkers. Now, I’m going to share with you some of the songs on the old brain pan. Because, let’s face it, the odds of me being able to totally curb my office harmonizing, but I’d sure feel better if I thought some people out there might be humming along with me.

Every once in awhile I’ll hear a song that opens up my mind and gets the creativity flowing. What comes pouring out more often than not has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter of the song. It’s more of an emotional inspiration. This is one of those songs for me. Every time I hear it, I want to sit down and get back to writing.



I’ve mentioned that there are a large number of fictional towns that I would like to live in for a spell. Well, I have some songs that I wouldn’t mind moving into for awhile, as well. This is one of them.



These two consistently inspire me to find more fun grocery stores. There’s not nearly enough song and dance going on in the one I frequent.




This is just classic late ‘90s. And that never gets old.



And to finish up, this is absolutely what I’m singing the most today.



Started off the day with some car dancing to the Pitch Perfect soundtrack. And let me tell you, car dancing just puts me in a good head space. I strongly encourage you all to do a little sitting-at-you-computer-grooving. It’ll make a bad day better and a good day the best.

Any songs on your mind today? I’d be happy to join you in a few bars.

2 comments:

  1. I judge people based on whether they know who B*Witched is or not. Just sayin'

    Also, I have an iTunes gift card that I would like to purchase some music with. I have heard good things about Mumford & Sons and I liked that song. Could you recommend a particular album of theirs or a few songs that would be a good starting point since you clearly like them? Thanks!

    That sounded oddly formal. But I read it 3 times and it is the most efficient way of getting my point across, so it stays. :) Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mumford & Sons is awesome. The have two albums out, Sigh No More and Babel. Both are excellent, but I say start at the beginning with Sigh No More.

      And B*Witched should always be the measuring stick used when meeting new people.

      Delete