Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's Always Summer Here



So, apparently it’s going to snow. Or so I keep hearing. It’s like a production of Chicken Little around here.

I’ll reserve my thoughts on snow until it actually appears, but I can say for a fact that it’s pretty frick-fracking cold out there. And in my office. So, despite my love of the wintery times, I’m looking forward to a seasonal shift.

Unfortunately, speeding such things up is outside my skill set (yet. I’m not giving up on late onset magical powers), so I’m going with the next best thing – summer movies.

Here are my top five I-Wish-It-Was-Summer Comfort Movies (not surprisingly, most come from my childhood. Ah, nostalgia):

  • Now and Then

Spending a summer with your best friends, researching murder mysteries and trying to earn money for a bitchin’ tree house? Sign me up.

  • The Babysitter’s Club

Lost count of the number of times I played Babysitter’s Club with my sister and our friends. I do know that when this movie came out I was the happiest nine year old on the planet.

  • The Sandlot

I’d like to see some of these clowns play ball against Roberta. But Benny the Jet is totally still a legend.

  • Heavyweights

My sister and I still regularly cancel the other one's lunch due to lack of hustle.

  • Dirty Dancing

I mean….come on.


Now, go, spend tonight watching some fun tales of the warmer season. Turn the heat up high enough, you’ll almost feel like you’re there.

2 comments:

  1. these are all awesome movies. Unfortunately I've only watched Dirty Dancing.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out the rest. Great way to spend an afternoon. =)

      Delete