Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Friday Video Break

I recently joined Twitter. I'm not sure I quite have the hang of it yet, but it's been fun trying to figure it out. What has really been great, though, are all the awesome things other people post.

Roomie said that my joining Twitter has markedly increased the number of links I send her way. She didn't follow that statement with a "thank you," but no worries! It was totally inferred. So, you're welcome, friend!

But the real thanks goes to the folks of Twitter. You see, I am historically bad at finding cool things until they've been around for a couple years. With all the time I spend roaming around the internet, one would think I'd be keeping pace with the times, but, alas, this is not so.

Or was not, until Twitter. Now, other people, who are far more with it than I, tweet links to phenomenal videos and I get to reap the benefits. It's really a lovely situation.

Anyway, it's a summer Friday. Which means it should be a relax-y day. So, I offer you a tiny break from your work day in the form of two awesome videos having to do with books, that I found thanks to Twitter. If you've already seen these, you'll know they're worth a second (or tenth) look. And if you haven't, you're welcome.

If You Love To Read


If I could have a theme song, I'm pretty sure I'd want it to be this.

Jane Austen is My Homegirl Rap


"My dowry brings all the boys to the yard, and they like, start quoting the Bard...." 
I don't really think anything else needs to be said about how fantastic this is.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to seeing what was cutting edge on the internet in 2010. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment